HP-505: SUPERNATURAL® PIANO
A New Standard in Organic Sound, Expression, and Realism
Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL® Piano Sound Engine evolves with Acoustic Projection technology — an innovative, multi-dimensional sound system built into the new HP-505. Acoustic Projection is inspired by the flagship V-Piano Grand and its ability to reproduce the natural sound field of an acoustic piano. The marriage of Roland’s world-leading technologies in the HP-505 empowers pianists with a complete, immersive acoustic-piano experience.
- Natural, organic multi-dimensional sound field of an acoustic piano produced by Acoustic Projection technology
- SuperNATURAL® Piano sound engine with seamless tonal changes according to touch, plus beautiful decay and faithful reproduction of the differences in tone between each key
- PHA III (Progressive Hammer Action III) Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement and Progressive Damper Action Pedal
- Play classical piano masterpieces using the authentic sounds (such as true fortepiano) they were written for
- Elegant and bold design; The HP-505 is perfect for traditional or contemporary interiors
- Onboard LCD offers user-friendly operation with straightforward front-panel layout
- Energy-saving technology achieves powerful and dynamic sound with lower power consumption
- Compatible with free Piano Partner app for iPad
Enhance Your Learning with Piano Partner for iPad
The HP-505 is compatible with Roland’s Piano Partner, a free iPad app that provides a fresh, interactive way to build your piano skills. Working together with the instrument’s onboard songs and features, the fun app inspires and helps you learn more about music and playing the piano. You can connect your iPad and HP-505 wirelessly over your home network with the Roland WNA1100-RL Wireless USB Adapter (sold separately), or via a USB cable with Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit. Piano Partner is available on the Apple App Store.
INNOVATIVE ACOUSTIC PROJECTION SOUND SYSTEM
The unique sound space that is created when you play an acoustic piano — the resonance between strings and the resonance from the piano’s frame or body — is realized through a complex and yet harmonious combination of elements. The HP-505 creates this realistic sound space through innovative Acoustic Projection technology, which marries the multi-dimensional sound system found in the flagship V-Piano Grand with our SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. Acoustic Projection delivers its magic though a multi-channel speaker system, with each speaker located properly to project each sound element in its natural position. The sound elements from each speaker are intelligently blended to reproduce the true sound field of an acoustic piano.
SUPERNATURAL® PIANO ENGINE
The HP-505 incorporates Roland’s SuperNATURAL Piano technology for seamless velocity response, natural note decay, and authentic key-range behavior to reproduce perfect piano sound and expression. Tone color changes seamless in response to touch, accurately translating the player’s emotions. Tone decay is natural and organic, with the decaying sound not only decreasing in volume, but also gradually changing in color to a softer tone. Each note has its own character, which creates variations in tonal color and resonance of each note.
AUTHENTIC FORTEPIANO TONES ONBOARD
In addition to the selection of onboard grand-piano sounds, the HP-505 features a newly added Early Piano category containing four fortepiano variations and two harpsichord variations. Masterpieces composed by maestros such as Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin can be played with the original sounds from the period. The appreciation and understanding for the piece is heightened when using the instrument that was actually used by the composers. You can also play these early piano sounds with built-in historic temperaments which are ideal to play with other classical instruments.
PHA III IVORY FEEL KEYBOARD WITH ESCAPEMENT
The HP-505 is equipped with Roland’s flagship PHA III (Progressive Hammer Action III) Ivory Feel keyboard with Escapement. With fast key-repetition and sensitivity, the keyboard faithfully translates into sound the subtle differences in tones from different playing styles and force at which they are played. The keys are finished with material that provides moisture-absorbing properties, resulting in a keyboard with the natural texture and tactile sensation of real ivory and ebony.
PROGRESSIVE DAMPER ACTION PEDAL
The HP-505 is equipped with “Progressive Damper Action Pedals” that have light resistance at the beginning of the stroke and more resistance the instant they begin to take effect, just like real acoustic pianos. This makes it easy for the performer to know when the pedal begins take effect, and also allows half-pedal techniques for subtle control of aftertones and resonance. This pedal can accurately convey the techniques of the most demanding pianists.
BUILT-IN AUDIO/MIDI RECORDER WITH FLEXIBLE CONTROL
The built-in recorder lets you capture your performances as audio and/or MIDI data — a convenient feature for pianists as well as students who want to evaluate their playing. Connect an external digital music player to the input jacks, play a song file, and the HP-505 can transpose it in real time. You can even minimize the melody of an audio song using Center Cancel function. Play along and capture your performance as audio data. Recorded audio data can be saved onto USB Memory, and copied to an external computer for making audio CDs or for uploading to the Internet.
*USB memory is required for audio recording.
EASE OF USE
The simple and intuitive control panel affords quick and easy access to the HP-505’s numerous features and applications. LCD panel provides the ideal visual interface with the instrument.
The HP-505 achieves low power consumption while still delivering high-impact performance. They also feature an Auto Off function, which, when activated, automatically switches the power off after a specified period of inactivity; inactivity time is selectable from 10 minutes, 30 minutes (default), 240 minutes, and off.
- 88 keys (PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement)
- Touch Sensitivity
- Key Touch: 5 levels, Fixed Touch
- Keyboard Modes
- Whole Dual (volume balance adjustable) Split (split point adjustable) Twin Piano
- Damper (Progressive Damper Action Pedal, capable of continuous detection) Soft (capable of continuous detection) Sostenuto (function assignable)
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Piano Sound
- SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- Sound Generator
- Conforms to GM2/GS/XG Lite
- Max. Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Grand Piano: 10 tones Early Piano: 6 tones E.Piano: 10 tones Strings: 14 tones Other: 307 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- 8 types, selectable temperament key
- Stretched Tuning
- On, Off
- Master Tuning
- 415.3 Hz to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Key Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones) Playback Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Ambience (Off, 10 levels)
Brilliance (Off, -10 — 0 — +10)
Only for Piano Tones: Soundboard Behavior (Off, 10 levels) Cabinet Resonance (Off, 10 levels) Damper Resonance (Off, 10 levels) String Resonance (Off, 10 levels) Key Off Resonance (Off, 10 levels)
Only for Organ Tones: Rotary Speaker Effect (Slow/Fast)
- Quarter note= 10 to 500
- 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 11 levels
- SMF RECORDER
- 3 tracks
- Song Save Format
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Recorder section: 1 song Internal Memory: Max. 99 songs
- Note Storage
- Approx. 30,000 notes
- Song Select, Play/Stop, Rec, Rewinding, Fast-forwarding, Previous song, Next song, Part Mute, Mute Volume, Tempo, Tempo Mute, All Songs Play, Count-in, Song Balance, AB Repeat
- Quarter note= 10 to 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- AUDIO/AUDIO CDS
- File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit linear format) Audio CDs (CD-DA) (when using optional CD drive)
- (with Keyboard, SMF data, Audio from Input jacks) File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit linear format)
- Playback Transpose (with Audio from Input jacks): -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Audio Playback Speed: 75 to 125 %
- Song Select, Play/Stop, Rec, Rewinding, Fast-forwarding, Previous song, Next song, Tempo, All Songs Play, Song Balance, AB Repeat, Center Cancel (with Audio from Input jacks)
- INTERNAL MEMORY
- Song Save Format
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Max. 99 songs
- EXTERNAL MEMORY
- External Storage
- USB Flash Memory
- Playable Song Format
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0/1) Roland Original Format (i-Format) Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit linear format) Audio CDs (CD-DA) (when using optional CD drive)
- Song Save Format
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0) Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit linear format)
- Internal Songs
- Piano Masterpieces: 75 songs Selections: over 10 songs Hanon: 20 songs Czerny #100: 100 songs
- Rated Power Output
- 30 W x 2 5 W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL)
- 107 dB * This figure was measured according to the method that is based on Roland’s technical standard.
- Cabinet Speakers : 12 cm x 2 Spatial/Nearfield Speakers : 5 cm x 2
- Custom LCD
- Volume (Slider)
- Other Functions
- Panel Lock MIDI Visual Control
- DC In jack Pedal connector Input jacks (L/Mono, R): RCA phono type Output jacks (L/Mono, R): 1/4-inch phone type USB COMPUTER port USB MEMORY port MIDI connectors (In, Out) Phones jack (Stereo, with Twin Piano Individual Mode) x 2: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Power Consumption
- 11 W (10 W to 36 W) 11 W: Average power consumption while piano is played with volume at center position 10 W: Power consumption immediately after power-up; nothing being played 36 W: Rated power consumption
- Owner’s Manual Roland 60 Classical Piano Masterpieces AC Adaptor Power Cord (for AC Adaptor) Headphone Hook (Supplied with the stand)
- Options (sold separately)
- USB Flash Memory USB CD Drive (CD-01A)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDING PIANO STAND)
- Width (W)
- 1,387 mm 54-5/8 inches
- Depth (D)
- 430 mm 16-15/16 inches
- Height (H)
- 1,072 mm 42-1/4 inches
- 55.5 kg 122 lbs. 6 oz.
- With Music Rest folded: [Depth] 457.3 mm, 18-1/16 inches [Height] 899 mm, 35-7/16 inches Weight of Polished Ebony finish version: 57.5kg, 126 lbs 13 oz
- All specifications and appearances are subject to change.
[contact-form-7 id=”12733″ title=”Request Product Information (digital)”]