Roland HP-508: SuperNATURAL® PIANO
Experience New Levels of Inspiration for Creativity and Learning
Equipped with Roland’s most recent technologies, the HP-508 offers exceptional sound, feel, and features in an elegant piano that’s perfect for every home. Newly integrated into the SuperNATURAL® Piano sound engine is the Dynamic Harmonic feature, which allows you to explore even greater dynamic expression when playing fortissimo passages. The new PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel provides a touch that’s more responsive than ever, while Individual Note Voicing gives you unprecedented control for finding your perfect piano sound, one note at a time. Acoustic Projection technology delivers stunningly rich, multi-dimensional sound from the onboard speaker system, and you can now enjoy the unique sound field of an acoustic piano during private practice sessions as well with the Headphones 3D Ambience effect. Adding in great extras such as the built-in recorder and compatibility with Roland’s piano apps for Apple iOS devices, the HP-508 seamlessly blends the traditional and modern to provide endless inspiration for all piano enthusiasts, from young students and hobbyists to the most advanced players.
- Enjoy superior sound with SuperNATURAL® Piano, which delivers the rich, complex tone of an authentic acoustic grand
- New PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel features Roland’s latest high-resolution touch-detection technology
- Fortissimo playing styles are fully expressed with the new Dynamic Harmonic feature, which provides both a unique tonal character and powerful sound
- Use new Individual Note Voicing to customize the sound to your taste by adjusting the pitch, volume, and character of each note independently
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect offers a rich, immersive sound experience while using headphones for private practice
- Six-channel Acoustic Projection audio system provides the organic, multi-dimensional sound field of an acoustic piano
- Display music scores and select HP-508 tones and songs with the free Piano Partner app for iPad
- Play along with favorite songs in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the free Air Performer app
- Built-in recorder lets you capture your performances as MIDI or audio files (optional USB flash memory is required for audio recording)
- Convenient features for daily playing, such as independent volume for headphones, Volume Limit function, and an adjustable music rest
- Bold and elegant design; available in Polished Ebony, Simulated Rosewood, or Contemporary Black finishes
ENJOY THE SOPHISTICATED SOUND OF AN AUTHENTIC GRAND WITH SUPERNATURAL PIANO
Every time you sit down and play the HP-508, you’ll lose yourself in a beautiful and immersive piano experience, thanks to Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. Just like a fine acoustic grand, each note has its own character, and the tonal color changes seamlessly in response to your touch to accurately translate your emotions into sound. Tone decay is natural and organic, with the sound not only decreasing in volume, but also gradually changing in color to a softer tone. In addition to authentic grand piano tones, upright piano tones are now included as well, which provide the unique short decay and up-close sound of a traditional upright instrument.
EXPLORE AN EXPANDED RANGE OF DYNAMIC EXPRESSION
As you refine your piano skills, your ability to play with a strong touch will improve, and the unique overtone characteristics created with fortissimo playing will provide a new palette of tonal colors for you to explore. The newly developed Dynamic Harmonic feature allows you to adjust these characteristics to your taste, offering a deep level of expressive control that will be welcomed by more experienced players as well.
CUSTOMIZE THE SOUND TO SUIT YOUR PLAYING STYLE OR LIVING SPACE
It’s easy to modify the HP-508’s sound for your personal playing style or a specific musical genre. Using the onboard Piano Designer, you can easily adjust overall tonal elements such as string resonance, soundboard behavior, hammer noise, and many others. For even more detailed customization, the newly developed Individual Note Voicing feature lets you adjust the pitch, level, and tonal character independently for all 88 notes. In addition to personal tone shaping, this unique and powerful voicing option is also useful for balancing the overall piano sound to perfectly suit the acoustic properties of any room or the response of a particular set of headphones. Using optional USB memory, you can save and recall your favorite custom settings to instantly change the piano’s sound for any application.
SET YOUR INSPIRATION FREE WITH UNPARALLELED TOUCH RESPONSE
As your expressive skills develop, your piano performances will shine on the HP-508. The new flagship PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel includes Roland’s latest touch-detection technology, allowing you to derive the full tonal potential of the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. With fast key repetition and high-resolution sensing, the PHA-4 faithfully translates into sound the subtlest differences in tone from different playing styles and dynamics. In addition, the keys are finished with specially developed materials that have moisture-absorbing properties, providing the natural texture and tactile sensation of real ivory and ebony keys on a fine acoustic grand. The PHA-4’s authentic hammer-action mechanism also produces less audible noise than previous designs, a welcome feature for not disturbing others when playing with the speakers muted during practice sessions with headphones.
AUTHENTIC DAMPER PEDAL RESPONSE
Equipped with a Progressive Damper Action pedal, the HP-508 accurately replicates the true damper pedal behavior of an acoustic piano. It features the continuous tactile response that experienced players expect, with light resistance when the pedal is first pressed and more resistance as the damper function begins to take effect. This allows for more intuitive control while playing, and makes it possible to execute advanced “half-pedal” techniques that provide subtle degrees of control over sustain and resonance.
EXPERIENCE THE TRUE SOUND FIELD OF AN ACOUSTIC PIANO
The unique sound space that is created when you play an acoustic piano is realized through a complex yet harmonious combination of elements, including resonances among the instrument’s strings, soundboard, and frame. The HP-508 recreates this authentic sound space through Roland’s innovative Acoustic Projection technology, which marries the multi-dimensional audio system found in our flagship V-Piano Grand with the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. Acoustic Projection employs multiple speakers that are discretely placed to project the piano’s various sound elements from their natural positions. These elements are naturally blended in the air space surrounding you, reproducing the true sound field of an acoustic piano with stunning accuracy.
3D SOUND SPACE FOR MORE ENJOYABLE PRACTICE WITH HEADPHONES
If you practice at night or when others are nearby, you’ll likely be listening to the HP-508 through headphones for long periods of time. With the newly developed Headphones 3D Ambience effect, you can now enjoy the unique sound field of an acoustic piano during these private sessions. This innovative technology greatly enriches the piano experience when playing with headphones, making it feel as though the sound is emanating from the instrument itself.
BUILD SKILLS QUICKLY BY RECORDING AND EVALUATING YOUR PERFORMANCES
A great way to make daily practice more efficient is by recording and listening back to your playing for self-evaluation and improvement. The HP-508’s built-in recorder is always at the ready, letting you capture your performances as MIDI data onboard the piano or as audio data to optional USB flash memory. To share your audio performances with your family, friends, or teacher, simply connect the USB flash memory to your computer and transfer the files, and then upload them to your favorite sharing services or social media sites. Instant recording is a powerful feature not only for students, but for experienced pianists as well.
PIANO PARTNER AND AIR PERFORMER APPS HELP DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS AND MAKE PRACTICE FUN
Roland’s free apps for Apple iOS devices offer a unique and fun way to motivate your interest in playing and practice. With Air Performer, you can play along with favorite songs in the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch wirelessly* through the HP-508’s sound system. The Piano Partner app for iPad includes Flash Card, an interactive music program that kids will love, plus an intuitive graphical interface for exploring tones and songs in the HP-508. Piano Partner also includes DigiScore Lite, which displays the piano’s built-in songs as sheet music on your iPad. Available from the Apple App Store, these powerful apps make it easy to use today’s mobile technology to enhance your piano development.
*Wireless communication requires the Roland WNA1100-RL Wireless USB Adaptor (sold separately) and a wireless LAN access point with an Internet connection.
CONVENIENT EXTRA FEATURES FOR EVERYDAY PLAYING
The HP-508 includes numerous practical features to support daily piano use. With the Volume Limit function, you can preset a maximum level for the piano’s volume control so your kids can’t play loud sounds unexpectedly. The headphones volume can also be adjusted separately from the speaker volume, which helps prevent unintended loud sounds from being output through the headphones when they’re plugged in. And with both stereo 1/4-inch and stereo 1/8-inch miniature headphone jacks, you can connect either standard over-ear headphones or the small earphones that are popular with music players and mobile devices. The HP-508’s built-in music rest is easily adjustable for anyone that plays the piano, allowing you to set the ideal angle to match the sitting height of everyone from small children to adults.
- 88 keys (PHA-4 Concert Keyboard: with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel)
- Touch Sensitivity
- Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch Hammer Response: Off, 10 levels
- Keyboard Mode
- Whole Dual (volume balance adjustable) Split (split point adjustable) Twin Piano
- Damper (Progressive Damper Action Pedal, capable of continuous detection) Soft (capable of continuous detection) Sostenuto (function assignable)
- SOUND GENERATOR
- Piano Sound
- SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- MIDI Format
- Conforms to GM2, GS, XGlite
- Max. Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Grand Piano: 14 Tones Upright Piano: 5 Tones E.Piano: 10 Tones Other: 321 Tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- 8 types, selectable temperament key
- Individual Note Voicing (adjustable in individual notes)
- Stretched Tuning: -50.0 – +50.0 cent Note Volume: -50 – 0 Note Character: -5 – +5
- Master Tuning
- 415.3 – 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Key Transpose: -6 – +5 (in semitones) Playback Transpose: -6 – +5 (in semitones, including audio files)
- Ambience (Off, 10 levels) Brilliance (21 levels)Only for Piano Tones (Piano Designer): Open/close lid (7 levels) Hammer Response (Off, 10 levels) Hammer Noise (5 levels) Damper Noise (Off, 10 levels) Damper Resonance (Off, 10 levels) String Resonance (Off, 10 levels) Key Off Resonance (Off, 10 levels) Cabinet Resonance (Off, 10 levels) Duplex Scale (Off, 10 levels) Dynemic Harmonic (Off, 10 levels) Soundboard Behavior (Off, 10 levels)Only for Organ Tones: Rotary Speaker Effect (Slow/Fast)
- Quarter note = 10 – 500
- 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- 11 levels
- SMF RECORDER
- 3 parts
- Save Song
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Note Storage
- Approx. 30,000 notes
- Song Select Play/Stop Rec Rewinding Fast-forwarding Top of song Part Mute Mute Volume Tempo Tempo Mute All Songs Play Count-in Song Balance AB Repeat
- Quarter note = 10 – 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Keyboard, SMF data, Audio from Input jack File Format: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Playback Transpose: -6 – +5 (in semitones, including audio from Input jack)
- Playback Speed
- 75 – 125%
- Song Select Play/Stop Rec Rewinding Fast-forwarding Top of song Playback Speed All Songs Play Song Balance AB Repeat Center Cancel (with Audio from Input jack)
- INTERNAL MEMORY
- Save Song
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0)
- Max. 99 songs
- EXTERNAL MEMORY
- External Storage
- USB Flash Memory
- Playable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1) Roland Original Format (i-Format) Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Save Song
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0) Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format)
- Internal Songs
- Piano Masterpieces: 77 songs Selection: EU= 10 songs/ US= 18 songs/ Other= 10 songs Hanon: 20 songs Czerny #100: 100 songs
- Graphic LCD 122 x 32 dots (Contrast 10 levels)
- English, Japanese (only Display)
- Music Rest
- Tilt Adjustment: 4 levels
- Keyboard Lid
- Slide type (with Classic Position)
- Other Functions
- Wireless Connect (when using optional Wireless USB Adapter) Panel Lock Auto Off V-LINK MIDI Visual Control
- AC inlet Input jack: Stereo miniature phone type Output (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type USB COMPUTER port: USB Type B USB MEMORY port: USB Type A Phones jacks (Stereo, with Twin Piano Individual Mode) x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Rated Power Output
- 60 W x 2 15 W x 2
- Volume Level (SPL)
- 112 dB * This value was measured according to the method that is based on Roland’s technical standard.
- Cabinet Speakers: 16 cm (6-5/16 inches) x 2 (with Speaker Box) Near-field Speakers: 5 cm (2 inches) x 2 Spatial Speakers: (12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 8 cm (3-3/16 inches)) x 2
- Effects: Headphones 3D Ambience
- Volume (with the speaker volume and the headphones volume automatically select function, with the volume limit function)
- Power Consumption
- 34 W (31 – 85 W) 34 W: Average power consumption while piano is played with volume at center position 31 W: Power consumption immediately after power-up; nothing being played 85 W: Rated power consumption
- Owner’s manual Assembly manual (*1) Roland 60 Classical Piano Masterpieces Power cord Headphone hook Screw set (*1)*1 Supplied with the stand.
- Options (sold separately)
- Headphones USB Flash Memory (*2) Wireless USB Adapter (*2) Audio Cable USB Cable*2 Use USB Flash Memory and Wireless USB Adapter sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDING PIANO STAND, WITH MUSIC REST)
- 1405 mm 55-6/16 inches
- 498 mm 19-10/16 inches
- 1131 mm 44-9/16 inches
- 80 kg 176 lbs. 6 oz.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (WHEN FOLDING DOWN THE MUSIC REST)
- 1405 mm 55-6/16 inches
- 498 mm 19-10/16 inches
- 956 mm 37-11/16 inches
- * HP508-PE (Polished Ebony): 82.0 kg / 180 lbs 13 oz.
[contact-form-7 id=”12733″ title=”Request Product Information (digital)”]